Monday, November 24, 2008

I'm still alive!

Wow it's been awhile since I posted. I am still alive, don't worry:) To all of those who commented and left advice for my grumpy children, THANKS! It was just one of those days. I'm glad to update that the children are still grumpy, but i've come to terms with it for the moment! We are truckin along. As for the reason for not posting I've been sewing (attempting anyway) I know, getting all domestic! I made my children some pajamas for Christmas and they turned out half way decent. I'll post pictures later.

I also have been busy reading. With all the hype of twilight I decided to read it again before the movie came out last weekend. BAD IDEA!!! I was one of those giddy little teenagers who waited in line for 4 hours to see the beloved "TWILIGHT"at midnight. It might have been because i was tired or because of the stinkin teenagers behind me that kept dropping the "f" bomb, or the fact that I reread twilight the day before that made my experience not so great. I think all of them combined maybe? I don't know, but it was quite depressing:( I knew it wasn't going to be as good as the book, but reading it the day before was a huge mistake cause i knew exactly what they changed, what they left out, what they were feeling, etc... Needless to say I am going to go see it again when it's not crowded, when I'm more coherent, and when there is no disrespectful teenagers in sight! And then I have a feeling I might just love it! Hopefully!!!

5 comments:

Sara said...

Poor Kuliana. :( I did the same thing actually (re-read Twilight days before) but didn't go until Saturday evening, and had no screaming or swearing teens to deal with. Definitely not the book, but I was able to enjoy it for what it was. :) Have you read the partial draft of "Midnight Sun" from Stephanie Meyer's website? Worth your time... :) Find the link at the bottom of http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/midnightsun.html. (if it's working - the site seems to be down or too busy right now...

Aaron and Lehua said...

After talking to you I went in the movie with low expectations, and it worked because I thought it was great. I just had to sit on the second row with a crooked neck. I want to see it again so I can see the whole screen!

Desiree said...

Glad you are still alive! I was worried. So I was told to reread the book before the movie too...but I haven't had time and haven't read it since August. We (I'm dragging my hubby) are going to go see it tonight. I'm excited! So I hope my memory forgets all the changes and things that they leave out so I can enjoy it!

Anyway, glad to hear from you! Hope all is well!

lofgreenlegacy said...

Your funny! I didn't go see it, I think I will wait for it to come out on DVD. I hate obnoxious people that sit by me at the movies, plus I like to lay on my couch in my pajamas when I watch a movie. I'm sorry that you were disappointed. That's rotten. Hopefully next time you will love it.

ALLRED FAMILY said...

Even though you had a sorta crummy time, hearing your review worked for me too. I expected a lot of the good stuff to be left out and I really loved it. Hey, if you think Todd would be willing to see it, maybe we could double. Ryan said he would take me to see it again since I pretty much wrote his last few reports for school!