Monday, August 18, 2008

Kindergarten Here We Come!

The day finally arrived! Traekon started kindergarten today(hallelujah) I mean...sniff, sniff! NOT there was no tears in this mothers eyes! Don't get me wrong, I love my traekon bug, but he was so ready to go and after this summer I have been ready for him to go too. I thought it would be hard, but it was great to see another step forward in his life. We have been counting down the days for probably a month now! Everyday has been "who is coming over", "who's house am i going to", "i'm bored", "when are we going to do something fun".... Hence the reason why i'm excited for him to go. It is pretty crazy that I have a kindergartner though! We sat down with him and had a good talk about always choosing the right, being a good example, and being nice to everyone even if they are different then you speech. Then Todd gave him a blessing which was great(thank goodness for the priesthood)! I think I was able to get all the tears out last night. I know that he will do awesome. Watch out kindergarten cause here we come!


5 bags of supplies for kindergarten...who knew?!?!


A very happy mommy!


Already makin friends


14 comments:

Summers Family said...

Wow... I can't believe he's in kindergarden! And you say you're the fat sister... you don't look so fat in this picture!

Sara said...

I was thinking you looked pretty good too. ;-) And, for the record, I can't believe any of us are old enough to have kindergarteners... Of course didn't Kristin's little boy go a year or two ago? Sigh... Way exciting though!

Hawkins Family said...

Wow...that is so crazy. Time just seems to be going by faster and faster. I don't think I am going to cry either when Britt goes to school. I am ready for him to go now!!! But, I guess I will wait 2 more years for that:) Well hope things are going good. Talk to ya soon.

The Cash Family said...

so is it wrong to already be counting down days for kynlie? well she has 363 days, 20 hrs, 11 mins and 32 secs!! jk i'm jealous. before you know it he will be going on a mission! booohoooo, i love the sniff sniff part too!!

ALLRED FAMILY said...

Yay for Traekon! What a stud...I bet he'll be the reason a lot of little girls want to go back to school! (0:

Ashley said...

Don't feel bad. I was ready for Kiley to go back this year. He looks adorable.

Brittnie Roit said...

Your boy is so cute!!! I bet he will be the stud of that class. haha! You look adorable as well! Time sure does fly by so fast!

Margo said...

Thanks girl. I am starting to feel a lot better. I just wish this dang headache would go away. And I would make you bring something healthy. I have cookies and goodies coming out my ears! Not that I am complaining, but my jeans might! I can not believe you have a kid in school. That makes me feel old because it seems like yesterday we were in Utah. Your family is gorgeous though, I need to get on the ball!

lofgreenlegacy said...

Very cute Kuliana. I couldn't wait for school to start either. It's fun to see the next steps in our little one's lives. You have a super cute kindergartner!

Sara C. said...

What a cute little man! He doesn't look nervous at all about starting school! I bet he loves it.

You look awful cute, too! I think you need to get your eyes checked, because you are anything but fat!!!

Desiree said...

Kuliana! Hey, I'm a blogging women now! Just thought I would check yours out. Congrats on getting a kid in school. Yeah! You are looking great! Just thought I would say hi.

Becky said...

I'm totally with you. I can't wait till Elly starts school. Oh wait, she's only 3. Nuts!

Jennifer said...

Isn't it crazy we have kids in kindergarten???... I totally thought he was a lot older than Paige though... Well he's a cutti...

Camille said...

Crazy hes in school. How fun. i am sure that he is having a blast. I cannot imagine how Pierson will be at that age. He already LOVES friends. I guess he is getting sick of just ol mom =( Oh well i guess they have to grow up sometime!