Sunday, May 11, 2008

No more preboarding!

Todd had father and sons this weekend so I decided to fly to vegas and visit my sister leilani.  I flew with all three kids last year and it went pretty good so I thought for sure I could handle 2 easily.  I decided I would take ashton's car seat and put him in it and then hold kenzi.  Well to make a long story short I get to the gate and I'm waiting for them to preboard...I've got my double stoller with ashton hooked into his front facing carseat which is hooked on the back seat of the stroller.  Everyone was looking at me like "Are you serious...two kids all by yourself?!" Little do they know I got another one at home:) They call for all preboarders and so I head up there.  The steward at the gate just looked at me and said "Oh we don't preboard children anymore."  You have got to be kidding me!  So i sit back down and wait for them to board the "B" passengers.  Okay so I'm still feeling okay about this, but then it's time to board.  I get down the gate and start letting everyone go past me cause I have to take down my stroller.  I get it down and grab ashton figuring it will be easier to keep him in the car seat, I have kenzi hold my pant leg and I head into the airplane.  I walk in and yep....it's completely packed.  So to my dismay I start heading to the back of the plane holding ashton's car seat up above everyones heads because it doesn't fit down the aisle.  I have to apologize to everyone as I walk by because the car seat straps are knocking them in the heads.  AHHH I'm totally sweating bullets, it's actually dripping down my forehead.  So I finally get to the very back of the plane, my arms are killing me, I'm sweating, I sit down get everyone adjusted and reach for the diaper bag for ashton's sippy... but there is no bag. Yep I left it in the terminal.  So I grab a steward and pleadingly ask them to watch my children ( I know crazy, but I wasn't going to drag them out of that airplane) and to hold the plane.  I bolt off the plane and luckily it's sitting right where we left it.  I get back on the plane stressed to the max!  Amazingly my children are little angels and both fall asleep right after take off.  I fly home tomorrow and if it's anything like this so help me!!!   

5 comments:

Hawkins Family said...

Wow Kuli you are quite the woman!!! I don't know if I would have handled it as good as you did. You are so good. What an adventure. I hope the trip home isn't quite so crazy:) Hope you have a good time in Vegas with your sis:) Talk to ya soon.

Jennifer said...

Wow. Ya I don't think I would have done that. Your a brave woman!!!!!

The Cash Family said...

ya kory thought of it all himself. he said he looked it up on the internet but couldn't find anything...i thought he did a good job and it was funny because it was so true!!

Camille said...

Ahh i am stressed just reading the story. Flying with kids is NOT something to be enjoyed. Ben and I were saying that they need to have a kid only plane where the kids can run around they play movies and have toys and little beds for taking naps. I would pay double to fly on that plane! GOod luck coming back!

Sara said...

I hope your flight back was a lot better! I'm not looking forward to flying with our two even with two parents! Of course it's 2 separate flights and about 4-5 hours of flight time total, but still... I feel for you!