Sunday, October 26, 2008

Super Star!


Traekon had is primary program today and was asked to sing a solo acapella. I've been prepping him for about a month in fear that he would get up to the pulpit and freeze. We practiced and practiced even though I knew he knew the words as well as saying his own name. I've been telling him that the presidency picked him cause he was the best little singer(which to me is not a lie:) It's pretty scary singing a solo, but acapella too? That takes guts. He was the closing song and as he walked up to the microphone I could see the look of terror on his face. I thought "oh no, he's not going to do it and I'm going to have to go up and sing with him" quickly I wispered in his ear ( I had to sit up there to help children be reverent) that we would make his favorite cookies when we got home if he did good. He stood up there like a champ and sang his little heart out! I had a sister in my ward tell me later that half way through the song he closed his eyes. She said it was like he was going to his happy place. I'm sure he was freaked out about all the people staring at him! I wish that I would have invited more family to come and witness the "tug at the heart" song that was performed so perfectly this morning! He was the perfect ending to a perfect program. It's little tender mercy moments like these that keep me going everyday! GOOD JOB Traekon!

6 comments:

ALLRED FAMILY said...

He was SOOOO cute!! I saw the look of terror too, but he trudged right through it and did a great job. It made me bawl! I think I cried throughout the whole program. You guys did such a good job! It was a great program. Monica even sang a bit with Traekon, which of course made me cry even more. Good thing I bought some waterproof mascara!!

Oh, and the house is right on the end of Palo Verde. I think it's pretty much right in between your house and the new one!

The Cash Family said...

I sooo wish I would have come to watch. I sat in Relief Society and totally forgot to go down to Primary and give Kynlie her talk. I am such a lamo mom! And I remembered all morning!

Ashley said...

That's awesome! My kids don't have stage freight, but they aren't that brave. What a sport!

Camren and Tiffany said...

He really did to an awsome job! while he was standing there waiting for the song to start I too thought oh no I think he is going to start crying but he didn't his little voice was so cute. good Job so brave!

Margo said...

Happy birthday chick! Today is your birthday and the day I went to the temple for the first time. Two cool things in one day! I hope you have a ton of fun!

Poor Rich Family said...

Traekon...
I am so proud of you!!! Thank you so much for singing so perfectly. It was perfect because of you.
Love-
Sister Rich