Thursday, April 9, 2009

30!


Can you believe this guy is 30! 30 has been good for him. He's put on a few 20 pounds, but i personally thinks it looks good! He looks more grown up with it on:) Anyway I was a total bummer for his birthday this year. April suggested I throw him a 70's party since he was born then, but i chose the lazy route and went with making him the ugliest cake in the world and having dinner(he requested biscuits and gravy) with me and the kids at home. That's right we didn't even get to go out because he had scouts that night. I even tried to take him to lunch, but he insisted that he needed to help pour concrete at the new house. Cash's don't really care for birthdays, can you tell? Anyway, Todd loves german chocolate cake so me and April made him one from scratch. We had this great idea to put it in a bundt pan but ended up putting way to much batter in the pan. I decided to check the cake and put a butter knife in it to see if it was done and the whole cake fell in the middle. Then as I was turning the pan upside down to get it out it broke in half. I put it back together with the frosting. So needless to say it was the ugliest cake ever, but it tasted pretty darn good!

Here's some things Todds been up to:

*working hard saling fuel
*traveling for work
*keeping up with the webelos in scouts
*working hard to finish our house that we put on the market:(
*getting pulled over by cops almost everyday (he has a big red target on his truck or something)!
*wrestling with the kids
*working on our lawn
*keeping me happy:)
*going to soccer games
*just being the best dad and husband ever!

WE LOVE YOU TODD!

4 comments:

ALLRED FAMILY said...

Oh man, that getting pulled over every day sounds mighty familiar. I think they are doing a blitz in PH!

Happy Birthday Todd!!

The Cash Family said...

Haha I think it looks pretty good. You did a good job putting it together. Did I tell you that I got home that night and it was sunny, so I left for nothing. Well I guess I didn't gain 10 lbs by eating that yummy cake!! It was fun.

Happy Bday ya old geezer! We aren't far behind...

Andy and Michele said...

30! Good grief! Andy's got a few more months and then he's there too. You've had a lot of birthdays lately, (well, I was catching up on your blog and that's been your theme lately!) Oh, and congrats on Primary Pres. How SCARY! But you'll be great. That really is neat.

Ali said...

Happy birthday todd. I will have to say the cash's don't really care about any holiday. But it sure does make it easy for us girls. You house on the market? what? I guess we need to talk more often